May 12, 2011

Sinebrychoff park

Oh yes, the sun is here, but (as it usually always is in Finland) not to stay - so you better enjoy it while it lasts. And Finns truly know how to enjoy those first warm days in the spring (or any warm days anytime actually). Anywhere in the city, any patch of green is more or less packed with people - parks, yards, the esplanade (singular, we only have one..) and the seaside. People eat, drink, read, sleep or, like I bravely tried yesterday in my favorite park a block away, study.

I don't know if I already told you how it was in Singapore; even though the city is green, no-one seems to enjoy the parks (except maybe the Botanical gardens on Sundays, ok ok). And I guess it's understandable - sun isn't really a big deal when you have it every day. However, on my last days there I really, really wanted to enjoy the warmth and work (just a little bit) on my tan before coming home, but Sentosa (the island with the man-made beaches) was just a little bit too far away. So I took my book and coffee and sat down in closest park - and collected not just a few weird looks. Oh well. I'm a tourist, ok..

Mind you, the studying yesterday didn't work too well. So today, I'm sitting in the library and bravely trying to ignore the 20 degrees and sunshine outside. Where's the rain when I need it..?

2 comments:

  1. Kyllä Helsinki on ihana! silloin kun se on parhaimmillaan. Olisikohan ruohikolla istuminen kiellettyä Sporessa? 30 v sitten se oli kiellettyä täälläkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE WANT MORE UPDATES!

    ReplyDelete